This is the fifteenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Applied Materials, Inc.(NASDAQ:AMAT). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
Thousands of people move to Austin or relocate within Austin every year because of job changes. In a city growing by 110 people per day, the complaint we hear most often centers around traffic. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into Austin’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Applied Materials, Inc. provides cutting-edge equipment, services, and software to enable the manufacture of advanced semiconductor, flat panel display, and solar photovoltaic products. Applied Materials was founded in 1967 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California. The Wall Street Journal reports that Applied Materials saw a 79% increase in their 3rd quarter profit due to high demand for computer chips and the equipment used in the manufacture of computer chips.
Applied Materials employs people in a variety of positions at their Austin offices, including Sourcing Finance Managers (Median Annual Salary $161,315 for a Finance Director), Manufacturing Engineers II (Median Salary $67,905), Materials Project Managers III (Median Salary $91,903), Payroll Managers (Median Salary $75,892) and more. All salary information from Salary.com for 78717, Applied Materials’ zip code.
There are lots of nearby restaurants to choose from for employees to eat at for lunch including Panera Bread, a national chain that serves sandwiches on freshly baked bread, soups, and salads. Another lunch choice closet to Applied Materials is Mama Fu’s Asian House, cooks a variety of Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean and Vietnamese dishes.
For drinks after work with fellow employees, the Texican Cafe is located near Lakeline Mall and has happy hour 3pm-7pm Monday through Friday with $6 Margaritas, $.75 off draft beers, $1 off Tequila Shots and $2 off Select Appetizers. Pluckers Wing Bar is also close to Applied Materials and are famous for their wings, beers and are a great place to watch a sports game.
Spend your time at home rather than in traffic by choosing one of the gorgeous apartment communities close to Applied Materials.
- Platinum Lakeline is just 5 minutes from Applied Materials. Built in 2009, apartments range from 1-3 bedrooms and 675 to 1,717 square feet. This gated community has a resort-style pool and fountain, clouhouse with billiards, full service business center, and a fitness facility. Apartments feature faux hardwood floors, spacious closets with built-in shelving, patios and balconies, nine foot ceilings, and door-to-door trash pick-up.
- The Mansions at Lakeline Mall are just 8 minutes away and are brand new. Floorplans range from 750 to 1,910 square feet and one to four bedrooms. The townhome style units feature tall, expansive windows, granite counters in the kitchen and bathrooms, cellulose sound insulation, and individual first-floor formal entrances with covered porch and foyer. This gated community has a 24-hour fitness facility with cardio theater, exterior arbor and summer kitchen, splash park, playground and children’s activity area, and concierge services.
- 95 Twenty Apartments were built in 2013 and are just one minute from Applied Materials. Apartments range from one to three bedrooms and 657 to 1,315 square feet and feature wood, vinyl or stained concrete floors, plush carpeted bedrooms, large walk-in closets, spa inspired baths with garden tubs, full size washer and dryers, granite counters, and stainless steel appliances. The community features available garage and covered parking, easy access to shopping, entertainment, and dining, a pet park, a gaming lounge with billiards, a sunning deck, a beach-entry pool, and a coffee/espresso bar.
- The Marquis Brushy Creek Apartments are a 6 minute drive away and feature 1-3 bedroom homes ranging from 693 to over 1,132 square feet. Apartments feature open floor plans, gourmet kitchens with European style cabinetry, designer countertops and kitchen islands, nine foot ceilings with crown molding, ceiling fans, designer lighting, and spacious private patios or porches. This gated community has a leash-free dog park, resort pool with multi-tiered lagoon pool, clubhouse with a full service business center, coffee bar, and pool tables, and a high end fitness center with aerobic and strength equipment.
- The Remington Apartments are just 8 minutes from Applied Materials and were built in 2007. 1-3 bedroom apartments are available, ranging from 733 to 1,645 square feet. Units feature full size washer and dryers, ceramic tile entryways, wood-like plank floors, walk-in closets, exterior storage, patios and balconies. This gated community has complimentary DVD rentals, a Starbucks Coffee Bar, picnic/grilling stations, a luxurious swimming pool with a cabana, and short-term leases are available.
These are just a few of the rental options for Applied Materials employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 512-258-8224 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.austinapartmentsnow.com for more information on our apartment locator services.