This is the thirteenth in a series of articles titled ‘Minimum Commute, Maximum Lifestyle’ and will be focused on Rackspace Hosting, Inc.(NYSE:RAX). This series focuses on area employers and rental options located nearby so employees can reduce their commutes to work.
San Antonio is number 20 on Forbes’ annual top 20 fastest-growing American cities with 1.83 percent population growth for 2013 and that translates into increased traffic, which is the number one complaint we hear. The majority of the renters we see are hoping to find an apartment that fits their lifestyle and allows for a reasonable commute to their place of work. With that in mind, we wanted to give some insight into San Antonio’s largest employers and the rental options that surround them.
Rackspace, Inc. provides internet hosting services and its headquarters are in San Antonio, Texas. Launched in 1998, Rackspace prides itself on its “Fanatical Support”. Rackspace is shifting gears from Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and will instead offer customers “managed cloud” services, reports Network World.
Rackspace employs 3,300 people in a variety of positions including Public Relations Managers (Median Annual Salary $82,128), Marketing Programs Managers (Median Salary $80,638 for a Marketing Manager), Network Engineers (Median Salary $57,269 for a Software Engineer I), Senior Product Managers (Median Salary $86,643 for a Product/Brand Manager) and many more. Salary information from Salary.com for 78218, Rackspace’s zip code.
For lunch with coworkers, there are many options nearby including Thai Chalurn, which has a variety of delicious Thai food in a friendly atmosphere. Big Easy Cafe has authentic Cajun food that will transport you to New Orleans just a five minute walk from Rackspace.
For after work drinks, Firehouse Pub and Grill has specials every day of the week for their extended happy hour which is 4pm to close. Applebee’s is also nearby, a chain which serves American food and drinks.
Avoid the commute and live in one of the apartments close to Rackspace.
- Cenzio Flats are just ten minutes from Rackspace and were built in 2000. Floorplans range from one to 3 bedrooms and 690 to 1,390 square feet and feature plush carpet, available attached or detached garages, oval garden tubs, and wood-like entry flooring. This gated community has a fitness center, a clubhouse, gas barbecue grills, and is conveniently located inside the loop.
- Legacy Heights Apartments are just 10 minutes from Rackspace and were constructed in 2008. 1-3 bedrooms are available ranging in size from 561 to $1,309 square feet. Units feature 9 foot ceilings with crown molding, washer/dryers included, kitchen pantries, garden tubs, large closets, and patios or balconies. This gated community has a clubhouse with a game room, billiards and fitness center, attached garages, resort style swimming pool, and a playground.
- Oakhampton Place Apartments are ten minutes away. Built in 1983, 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are available ranging in size from 720 to 1,120 square feet. Apartments have marble vanities, private patios or balconies, walk-in closets with built-in shelves, and washer and dryer connections in most units. This gated community has a DVD Library, a business center, 3 swimming pools, and a guest suite available for rental.
- Sunset Ridge Apartments are 12 minutes away and were built in 1948 and remodeled in 2005. 1-2 bedroom apartments ranging from 771 to 1,024 square feet are available. Apartments feature original long leaf pine floors and other period details, as well as updated kitchens and large bedrooms and closets. The community has a lap pool, wading pool, dog park, reserved carports, and a barbecue area.
- The Villas at Oakwell Farms Apartments are 11 minutes from Rackspace and feature 1-2 bedroom apartment homes ranging in size from 753 to 1,222 square feet. Built in 1995, this gated community has storage space, a business center, sand and water volleyball, a spa, and indoor racquetball and basketball courts. Apartments have plank flooring, ceiling fans, and short term leases are available.
These are just a few of the rental options for Rackspace employees. Our database features the most accurate and up-to-date pricing and availability for thousands of apartments across the city. Finding the perfect balance of minimal commute and maximum lifestyle for your budget can be challenging. As apartment locators, it is our job to provide you valuable insight into each of your rental options so you choose the best apartment the first time. Our service is free to our clients and can save you valuable days looking for a rental. Call 210-558-7377 today to schedule your appointment or visit www.sanantonioapartmentsnow.com for more information on our apartment locator services.